Monday, November 12, 2007

Summary of experiences of the Tribal Village of Jharkhand

Finally time has come to leave the village "Supa" of Ghumla Dist. Initial few days seemed like we have been placed in some great torture..living for two months without electricity (forget other basic amenities).
But it seems this is wat taught me most. For me it was just a matter of two months for them its a matter of whole life if someone among us doesn't come and nvolve in development work.
1)Most of the kids used to eat in a bowl which was supposed to be full of rice but it had moew of white water known as "Madh" ( it was done by the parents intentionally because they had very less of it to feed them). and this is not the case for a day or two..its for 6-7 months. Only the period when they harvest rice they eat full stomach.... Virtual Starvation
2) Yearly income of most of the family's do not cross 12000.. (surprised !! we can't live even if we get this as one month salary which they are earning as yearly sum)( this is 4 times less than wat govt has kept the BPL-Belw Povery Limit
3)People still depend on the local Vaidya as primary health facility never reached there..and that too becomes highly critical if someone falls ill after 6p.m. ( Hospital is 55 KM..an to get a vehicle to carry the patient u need to go 8 km uptil block..and getting a vehicle is also difficult in evening hours because of fear of MCC--naxal group active there) (one will have to die if he/she falls seriosuly ill in evening hours
4) From 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. village seems to be drowned in darkness..( just try to feeel how difficult the situation will be if we had to live like this)..implying no possblity of education for kids during night hours..and if u think that govt gives kerosene for lightening purpose u r probably right..be as per provisons each family get 4litres a month which i guess is very less fr average family size of 10) (Rule of darkness
5) Villagers always remain in fear of the Naxal group (virtual Civil war)--
..
......
...................
In short ........................................................

I got the real feel of the words which earlier i wrote on my orkut profile.

To quote
Common man- Destined for Social Service
I am among few lucky people of the world who are blessed with world's most precious wealth- Parents
I woke up this morning with more health than illness..........I am more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
I have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation.......I am ahead of 500 million people in the world.
I have food in the refrigerator, clothes on my back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep...I am richer than 75% of this world.
I have money in the bank, in my wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace....... I among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.
I hold up my head with a smile on my face and am truly thankful.....I am blessed because the majority can, but most do not.
I prayed yesterday and today........I am among few lucky people because I believe God does hear and answer prayers.
Now since I wrote all this, I am more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.
For all these Blessings of Almighty will try to express my gratitude by serving those who don't have this Blessed Richness .
Common man- Destined for Social Service
.
I guess this real grass root experiential (word very fondly used by our Prof's at IRMA) learning will make me a more dedicated servant of Society.

PS: I didnt intend to show the negative picture --aim is that few more people who read it may join the mission to add value to life of these unpriviledged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

मन एक जुलाहा

मन एक जुलाहा फंसी डोर सुलझाना, चाहे सिरा मिले न मिले कोशिश से नहीं कतराना, जाने मन ही मन कि जब तक जीवन तब तक उलझनों का तराना फिर भी डोर सुलझ...