Monday, April 18, 2011

Sharing the dreams

Perhaps last few days had been the toughest phase of my life in person and as development professional for the cooperative experiment in Mayurbhanj. Sudden resignation from the organization I was employed with, retrenchment of the two field staffs from their existing set up, arranging salary for them and looking for some suitable job to hang on.


As they say, whatever happens happens for a reason and its always for our wellbeing. Things have started settling down. Friends, batchmates, juniors, seniors and Professors supported the initiative and while I was thanking each of them one reply which touched me to the core was
"

me: thanks for coming out for help at this crucial time dear
10:34 AM Robin: this is not help dude...
  this is sharing the dream ... n we are doing the easiest part :)
  God is with you...we are nothing ..
10:35 AM me: :)"
Perhaps this makes it truly the people's initiative where on one hand villagers pool in small money and produce to get better returns from the market mechanisms and at other end individuals from their small savings contribute so that facilitation of this first time process happens smoothly.
 I was just thinking over what Robin (my batchmate in IRMA) said "Sharing the Dream". Should we not take this beyond. I was blessed to have wonderful agents (read friends) of God who supported me and pulled me out of this odd situation. I would have definitely quit if this support hadn't come. I am sure there would be many such initiatives going on elsewhere and its quite possible that the facilitators there might not be having such network and caring friends. I was discussing with few of my friends and will soon register a trust fund which will be "by the community and for the community owned initiatives". This fund will not work with NGO's but directly with initiatives owned and controlled by community (example cooperatives, producer company etc.). It will have a clause whereby community initiatives which are left stranded due to gap in donor funding will be supported directly and once the community owned enterprise/organization stabilizes they can contribute back to this community fund so that it can be used again by a new set up. This fund will also be accompanied by professional assistance to the community owned institutions.
This trust fund will assist Marshal Disha Cooperative as its first experiment and will gradually try to evolve across geographical areas of the country. Just initial thoughts, will decide something firmly soon!!
ना  हार  से  ना  जीत  से
बस  केवल  एक  उम्मीद  से
वक़्त के पन्नों पर कुछ लिखता मिटाता हूँ
गीत नया गाता हूँ

1 comment:

  1. good luck sharda. it wont be fun without ups and downs.

    ReplyDelete

मन एक जुलाहा

मन एक जुलाहा फंसी डोर सुलझाना, चाहे सिरा मिले न मिले कोशिश से नहीं कतराना, जाने मन ही मन कि जब तक जीवन तब तक उलझनों का तराना फिर भी डोर सुलझ...