Sunday, November 28, 2010

Except me

We may blame, we may criticize and we may hate others for the situations we are now in, for the phase we are passing through and for the bad shape of the destiny of our dreams. As intellectual beings, we may furnish "thousand and one" excuses to show to the world that "except me" everyone else is responsible for our bad times, except "my sincerity of efforts", except "my earnest desire to fulfill dream" everyone else is responsible. And we may do that with utmost sophistication and tears in eyes that whole world feels that look here is a guy who wanted to do "xyz" but situations didn't let him complete.

But is that a reality?

Is it that those who could do, were granted special luck by Almighty? or Is it that world was more favorable to them and provided them red carpet welcome to accomplish their dream? or Is it that their dreams were very ordinary and that's why they apparently had no or "little" hurdle to cross? or Is that they didn't go through any pain or suffering?

When we sit back after "trying to run away" from "self" we find that "except me" no one else is responsible. This is the moment when we start saying "Accept me" for the faults. None in the world was granted his/her dream accomplishment on the tick of the clock. Possibly no one in the world had silver feathering all the time in the journey. It's just that those who didn't wait for the the "semicolon" to become "full stop", who didn't wait for the "excuses" to make them "excused with their dreams", who didn't let the anguish over "situations" to get "settled with situations" could finally do it.

And its not that those who did that -realized it on the first day. Everyone goes through the "except me mode" with the only difference that those who realize this  before the "time" excuses them from their "dreams" are the one's who ensure that time keeps sharing about them candidly that they didn't say "Except me" but "Accept me" and therefore they achieved what they aspired.

Are we "realizing"?

3 comments:

  1. Isn't the transition from "Except me" to "Accept me" a little too difficult.
    But when someone starts to realize the importance of the later,he actually starts giving actual respect to his dreams,efforts and himself.

    @ Sharda Sir:Your articles have always been inspirational but this one has really forced me to appreciate your genious.
    Requesting you to continue your blog till eternity!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget to add my name in the above comment..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post really struck a chord with me. I am going through a personal failure, and blamed myself a lot for it, aiming for perfection - but then realized that I am human, I make mistakes and the real failure is not learning from mistakes and not trying to improve shortcomings.

    ReplyDelete

मन एक जुलाहा

मन एक जुलाहा फंसी डोर सुलझाना, चाहे सिरा मिले न मिले कोशिश से नहीं कतराना, जाने मन ही मन कि जब तक जीवन तब तक उलझनों का तराना फिर भी डोर सुलझ...